AWARD CEREMONY: THE GERMAN CINEMA AWARD FOR PEACE - THE BRIDGE
By invitation only
For the 17th time, the Bernhard Wicki Gedächtnis Fonds e.V. will honor outstanding filmmakers within the context of FILMFEST MÜNCHEN. Films of artistic value with a humanist, socially relevant dimension will be honored — as an admonition but also as an opportunity to influence the young people of the world, to recognize and take on responsibility for the right to peace and a life of dignity in freedom. More than 40 symbolic bridge supports have been awarded since 2002. On the evening of July 5, 2018, four more outstanding films and filmmakers will receive this unique award in Munich's Cuvilliés-Theater.
Jury members in 2018:
- Dr. Paula Ewert, formerly film spokesperson of the Bavarian State Chancellery
- Philip Koch, film director
- Marco Kreuzpaintner, film director
- Gabriele Pfennigsdorf, deputy chair of FFF Bayern
- Adrian Prechtel, film journalist, deputy editor of the culture section, Abendzeitung
- Fritz Pressmar, movie-theater owner, Sendlinger Tor Kino
- Bettina Reitz, president, HFF München - Marc Rothemund, film director
- Claudia Ulrich, set designer, Ulrich Group
- Elisabeth Wicki-Endriss, founder and board member of the Bernhard Wicki Gedächtnis Fonds e.V.