TELE 5 & #ffmuc: a good fit!
A common love of good movies
A love of good movies is what we have in common. That's why TELE 5 and FILMFEST MÜNCHEN have agreed to a long-term, strategic partnership that will be much closer than a sponsor's usual involvement. "We're not just a sponsor. We're festival, too. We wouldn't be TELE 5 if we didn't do things DIFFERENTLY," emphasizes Kai Blasberg, chief executive of TELE 5. Festival director Diana Iljine adds: "TELE 5 has been bringing cinema to television for years. Led by its motto 'Different is better', the station keeps its finger on the pulse of the times, with fresh film series and great movies." There's good chemistry, as you can see in our jointly produced partner video: TELE 5 and #ffmuc — it's a natural alliance!
For the 36th FILMFEST MÜNCHEN in 2018, the Munich TV channel is contributing a complete package with "Wir lieben Kino" ("We love cinema") as its motto. The package consists of the broadcaster's most prominent brands, to each of which the Mathäser cinema has dedicated its own evening:
"Different is better" — TELE 5 brands at #ffmuc!
On Oskar Rohler's recommendation, two scandalous films that made history will be shown as part of the festival. The scenes of violence in RESERVOIR DOGS and NATURAL BORN KILLERS caused quite a stir when the films came out. Today both are not only cult films, but are also considered classics in their genre.
- Oliver Kalkofe and Peter Rütten will present two of the "worst movies of all time": KING KONG VS. GODZILLA and IN SEARCH OF THE ULTRA-SEX — each personally re-dubbed by Kalkofe and Rütten!
- Peter Thorwarth and Christian Zübert, on the other hand, will present German cult films — the "D-movies" BANG BOOM BANG and LAMMBOCK.
- A musical treat rounds out the program. None other than Thomas Gottschalk and Filmfoniker will present THE BEST MOVIE SONGS OF ALL TIME.
Thomas Gottschalk presents THE BEST MOVIE SONGS OF ALL TIME
In the partner video by TELE 5 and FILMFEST MÜNCHEN, Gottschalk, an icon of German television, emphasizes: "The whole is more than the sum of its parts." He's right! By televising films shown previously at FILMFEST MÜNCHEN as well as further classics, TELE 5 is already generating excitement about #ffmuc and keeping it going during the festival:
- Sunday | June 10 | 3:00 pm > Alfred Hitchcock: VERTIGO (1958)
- Tuesday | June 12 | 10:05 pm > John Woo: WINDTALKERS (2002)
- Sunday | June 17 | 3:00 pm > Jules Dassin: TOPKAPI (1964)
- Tuesday | June 19 | 10:40 pm > Jonas Åkerlund: HORSEMEN (2009)
- Tuesday | June 21 | 8:15 pm > Jingle Ma, Wei Dong: MULAN (2009)
- Sunday | June 24 | 10:25 pm > Terrence Young: RED SUN (1971)
- Monday | June 25 | 10:00 pm > Shane Abbess: INFINI (2015)
- Tuesday | June 26 | 8:15 pm > Mike Judge: IDIOCRACY (2006)
- Wednesday | June 27 | 8:15 pm > Grégoire Vigneron: TRACELESS (2010)
- Thursday | June 28 | 10:35 pm > Terry Gilliam: THE ZERO THEOREM (2013, Filmfest 2014)
- Thursday | June 28 | 8:15 pm > Terry Gilliam: THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS (2009, Filmfest 2016)
- Friday | June 29 | 11:45 pm > Bruce Robinson: THE RUM DIARY (2011, Filmfest 2012)
- Saturday | June 30 | 11:45 pm > Tom DiCillo: THE REAL BLONDE (1997, Filmfest 2011)
- Sunday | July 1 | 8:15 pm > Alfred Hitchcock: TO CATCH A THIEF (1955)
- Sunday | July 1 | 10:30 pm > Blake Edwards: THE PINK PANTHER (1963, Filmfest 2011)
- Monday | July 2 | 8:15 pm > Klaus Lemke: DAS FLITTCHEN UND DER TOTENGRÄBER (1995)
- Monday | July 2 | 10:00 pm > Klaus Lemke: MAKING JUDITH! (2017, Filmfest 2017)
- Monday | July 2 | 11:45 pm > Klaus Lemke: DIE RATTE (1992)
- Monday | July 2 | 1:30 am > Klaus Lemke: NEGRESCO (1968)
- Tuesday | July 3 | 1:10 am > Walter Salles: ON THE ROAD (2012, Filmfest 2012)
- Tuesday | July 3 | 10:55 pm > Matteo Gattone: LOFT (2008)
- Tuesday | July 3 | 8:15 pm > Guillaume Canet: TELL NO ONE (2006, Filmfest 2007)
- Wednesday | July 4 | 10:15 > Matteo Garrone: TALE OF TALES (2015, Filmfest 2015)
- Thursday | July 5 | 12:10 am > Walter Hill: JOHNNY HANDSOME (1989, Filmfest 2014)
- Friday | July 6 | 8:15 pm > Stephen Daldry, Christian Duurvoort: TRASH (2015)
- Saturday | July 7 | 11:15 pm > William Friedkin: THE EXORCIST: DIRECTOR'S CUT (1973, Filmfest 2016)
And when the 36th FILMFEST MÜNCHEN is over, you won't have to be too disappointed, because TELE 5 will be showing three classics by Ingmar Bergman — without commercials — to mark the 100th anniversary of the director's birth.
- Saturday | July 14 | 8:15 pm > Ingmar Bergman: THE SEVENTH SEAL (1957)
- Saturday | July 14 | 12 midnight > Ingmar Bergman: THE SILENCE (1962)
- Sunday | July 15 | 8:15 pm > Ingmar Bergman: FANNY AND ALEXANDER (1982)