THE POWER OF FICTION
Panel discussion by the Association of German Screenplay Authors (VDD)
We may be experiencing the greatest upheaval since privately owned TV channels entered the market. Streaming portals are making money just from content — most of which is fiction. Behind every work of fiction is a scriptwriter. What is fiction capable of? What is the state of fiction in 2018?
- Barbara Buhl, head of the program group for cinema features and TV movies, WDR television
- Isabell Zacharias, SPD spokesperson for culture policy
- Sarah Schnier, screenplay author whose film FOR MY DAUGHTER is being shown at FILMFEST MÜNCHEN this year
- Benedikt Röskau, screenplay author (DAS SCHWEIGEN DER LEHRER, SIDE EFFECTS, A LIGHT IN DARK PLACES)
- We are expecting a surprise guest from the Bavarian state chancellery's department of media and digitalization!
Moderated by: Brigitte Drodtloff, screenplay author, director, and VDD board member
Open for everyone