ROLE MODELS IN THE MEDIA
Panel discussion organized by the Bundesverband Casting e.V. (Federal Casting Association)
On German TV and in German films, women are not only significantly underrepresented; they are often given a very clichéd image. Similarly, men and women of other ethnic backgrounds are mainly put in stereotypical roles in German productions.
The BVC invites you to a discussion about existing structures and prospects. We want to hear opinions, collect ideas, and foster sensitivity so that together we can make a change.
The panel includes:
- Sabine Derflinger (film director)
- Maria Furtwängler (actress, MaLisa Foundation)
- Michael Lehmann (CEO and producer, Studio Hamburg Production Group)
- Claudia Simionescu (editorial department for TV movies, Bayerischer Rundfunk)
- as well as casting directors: Mario Haack (BVC, Hamburg), Manolya Mutlu (BVC, Stuttgart)
- Moderator: Stephen Sikder (BVC, Munich)
Free admission. To enable an estimate of audience size, we request that you register by e-mail at email@example.com. No seat reservations can be made, nor can seating be guaranteed. Admission only as long as seats are available. This event will be recorded and published on the Internet at www.casting-network.de