Box offices: opening hours, and payment options
- Filmfest box office at the Gasteig
Sat./Sun., June 26/27: 12 noon – 7 pm
Thu. – Sat., July 1 – 10: 10 am – 7 pm
Outside of these hours, the box office at the Gasteig is a regular advance sales counter of München Ticket, where you can also obtain Filmfest tickets.
- Official advance sales counters of München Ticket (An additional 1.00-euro advance sales fee applies.)
- München Ticket counter at Ludwig Beck (5th floor): Here, FILMFEST MÜNCHEN will waive the München Ticket advance sales fee for buyers who present a Ludwig Beck customer card. For them, tickets will cost the same as at the Filmfest box office at the Gasteig.
- At the Filmfest box offices, you can choose to pay cash or with MasterCard, VISA or EC card.
- In our ticket webshop, you can secure tickets for sought-after films in time. The price is the same as at the Filmfest box offices.
- The order form for online tickets can always be reached via the page offering details of a film on the Filmfest website. Depending on the venue where the respective screening is being held, you will either have the “Buy ticket” button to take you to the Filmfest webshop or a link to take you to the ordering page of the corresponding theater/venue.
- It is also possible to book tickets via München Ticket’s Filmfest hotline. Payment may be made using MasterCard or VISA.
The hotline may be reached at +49 89 54 81 81 403 at the following times:
- In the advance sales period (up to and including June 30): weekdays 10 am – 7 pm
- In the advance sales period (up to and including June 30): on weekends 12 noon – 7 pm
- During the festival (July 1–10): 10 am – 9:30 pm
- Please contact this hotline if you are experiencing technical difficulties.
Schoolchildren, college students, retirees, persons in the Federal Volunteer Service, the unemployed, welfare recipients, and persons with disabilities may purchase tickets at the reduced price of €7.90 (plus a €1.00 service fee; one reduced-price ticket per screening). An ID card and/or proof of eligibility must be presented at the Filmfest box office and/or upon admission to the screening.
Our open-air film screenings will be held even if it rains. Only in the event that the Deutscher Wetterdienst issues a severe storm warning will a screening be canceled. Please check before coming to the screening whether any such warning is in effect. Please be sure to wear appropriate clothing for the weather that is forecast. Rain is not a sufficient reason for a ticket refund.
Out of consideration for the other visitors, we ask you not to bring your dog to the cinema. No matter how small and cute the dog is.
For all sorts of information about the specifics of this year’s festival, check out our FAQ.